Kevin Williams is a Senior Research Fellow at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES). He spent several years serving his country through the Jamaica Constabulary Force, rising to the rank of Inspector. More recently, Kevin was a Lecturer in the Department of Economics, UWI, St. Augustine Campus. His published works cut across political economy, development economics, and applied economics.
Economist with a research focus on Development Economics and Applied Economics. Studies workers' remittances in developing countries, political institutions, and foreign direct investment.
- Member of Faculty of Social Sciences Innovation &Entrepreneurship Committee
- Referee for Economic Modelling
- Referee African Development Review
- Referee Scottish Journal of Polificcl Economy
- Referee Economic Notes
- Williams, K. 2018. "Has the finance-growth link been broken? Panel data evidence from Latin America and the Ccribbeon."EconomiA, Elsevier, 19: 404-423.
- Williams, K. 2018. "Is the relationship between remittances and political institutions monotonic? Evidence from developing countries." South African Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, 86(4): 449-467.
- Williams, K. 201 8. "Workers' Remittances and Government Size." Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, 22(3): e115-e134.
- Williams, K. 2018. "Are remittances good for economic growth? The role of political institutions." Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis, 25(1): 56-60.
- Williams, K. 2017. " Do remittances improve political institutions? Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa." Economic Modelling, Elsevier, 61: 65-75.
- Deonanan, Regan and Williams, K. 2017. "The effect of remittances on democratic institutions." Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis, 49(5):403-41 6.
- Williams, K. 2017. "Does democracy dampen the effect of finance on economic growth?" Empirical Economics, Springer, 52(2): 635-658.
- Williams, K. 2017. "Foreign Direct Investment, Economic Growth, and Political Instability." Journal of Economic Development, Economic Research Institute of Chung-Ang University, 42(2):17-37.
- Williams, K. 2016. "Remittances and Financial Development: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa."Africon Development Review, Wiley Blackwell, 28(3):357-367.
- Williams, K. 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America and the Caribbean: An empirical analysis."Latin American Journal of Economics, Pontificia Universidad Cotolico de Chile, 52 (1): 57-77.